Just Eat It by
“Fun and passionate challenge to diet culture. Insights:
– Accepting that babies/kids regulate their feeding but adults don’ > society undermined trust in our own bodies (minds)
– Language (especially with children) needs to be managed carefully…pudding incentives etc..
– Gherline is the hunger hormone…’gherlin makes your tummy grumble’ (spot the diff between physical & emotional hunger’)
– Emotional eating is a prob when its the ONLY way of coping
– Diet culture is everywhere, a bit like ‘gym culture’ and most of the time it really isn’t helpful
– Laura would be fun to have dinner with!
Most interesting Chapters: HUNGER, FEELING YOUR FULNESS, GENTLE NUTRITION,
– Be more aware of food language around my children (and in general)
– Understand that for many people, relationship with food is more complex that you might assume
– Eat More Plants!
Build better reading habits, gain knowledge, & shares your insights. We are a curious bunch who turn pages and book inspired insights into action.